Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda.
1986
NES.
Classic review.

Next to the Super Mario Bros. the original Zelda game ranks amongst the best and most memorable of all the original Nintendo games. Since its release 25 years ago, it has spawned 15 sequels and is the number 4 selling series in Nintendo history.
Originally, I stayed away from the Zelda series, being a loyal Mario fan. But soon after Super Mario Bros. 2 came out I tried the Legend of Zelda and instantly loved the game.
It was the first game I played were how you play and what you do actually effects the gameplay. It had a map that let you go anywhere you wanted which was unheard of at the time. Even now, I still need help finding all the castles and hidden secrets.
Fun tip: Try entering the name of Zelda at the registration it starts you out on the second quest.
Fun fact: For nearly 5 years, I have used a wallet that has the above ground map printed on it.
This game has lasting power. It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest and most playable games of all time.

9 of 10.

Taylor.

1 comment: